Wednesday, January 4

A Fresh Page

Pin It "Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past. ~Henry Ward Beecher

I had a rough time trying to find a way to properly thank all my friends and customers for helping me cross the threshold of my new door (see my first blog post; 07/17/11). The poem above is dedicated to you all of you. I am honored to be a small part in a huge community that carried me with love, wisdom, strength, and lots of inspiration in 2011 and as we move into 2012 together, with excitement, hope and a fresh enthusiasm - I am honored to hopefully continue in playing a greater part of inspiring your lives.

With the fresh page turning for 2012, I am excited to share that I spent my first day of January moving completely into The Vintage Bricoleur in Loomis, CA. As you know, The Vintage Bricoleur opened its doors December 1st and, I, being part of their new co-op team, committed to be there..with one exception - I would not be fully in until January 1st as I committed first to my family to take the rest of the year off from a retail storefront. With honored commitments, I am now fully moved in and very excited! In fact, my new business cards arrived today with my new address!!! I still have more to bring - dealer friends I am collaborating with and new thoughts that I am noodling. But for now, here are some shots of my space.








As a reminder, The Vintage Bricoleur is located inside the High Hand Fruit Sheds, 3750 Taylor Road, Loomis CA. Our winter hours are Tues-Sun 11-4. I look forward to running into you there.

Best,

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Sandy! I was in there weekend before Christmas! I'll have to go back now that you're all moved in!!!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fresh start Sandy! Your displays are always so amazing! Hope to see more of you this year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be on my "must do" list next time I'm in the area. Best of luck to you and your new endeavor in this wonderful new year! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I really need to come check out the space! I'm happy for you, it all looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to stopping by and shopping your space Sandy- I know it will be absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on the new venture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Sandy. We are so happy and proud to have you as part of the team, (or family as I like to think of each one of you). Your space is beautiful and your faithful customers are already loving it! Love, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastc- I need to get up there! How much is that tripod floor lamp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband sounds like mine. But, actually attempting to take time off and "do nothing" is terribly hard especially for women like us - always on the move - thinking - creating - doing...

    Glad you found a new home base. The shop is terrific!

    btw - check out my latest blog post: www.treasurebroker.blogspot.com - you might like the quote I started my new years blog with as we were in similar situations...

    See you in April Mes Amis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one talented woman and count my blessings that you are a part of Remnants! Congratulations and here is to a wonderful 2012! xoxo Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing your message. Means alot that you took the time!